“Russell’s knowledge and leadership to educate and engage on all Planning matters clearly demonstrated his passion and ability for getting it right.”
Raul Weychardt, Director Planning Noosa Shire
With more than 16 years’ experience in high-level planning roles for local government, Russell can bring unique insights and expertise to your project.
As a former head of the planning portfolios for both Noosa and Sunshine Coast councils, he doesn’t just understand council planning schemes — he’s written them. He also understands council strategic framework and constraints, and how to refine and present your project so that it has the best chance of success.
He’s respected and informed, with a real-world understanding of the workings of local government, and hands-on experience in assessing a wide variety of development applications.
He understands that each project or strategy is different and needs specific analysis and review. This is why he works with and leads other industry specialists to ensure your project is provided the best possible advice.
Individual, personal, professional advice in a succinct format will allow you to make the necessary informed decisions on your projects feasibility. Russell is a professional who has lead the committee for the development assessment process within Local Government and can provide you with this simple direct advice.
Russell offers his clients:
- support to develop projects that create and reinforce excellent planning outcomes, including conceptual and technical input from start to finish
- strategic advice on planning assessment
- a detailed understanding of council and government requirements and processes
- budget planning and management
- an extensive network of contacts within industry and all levels of government
- a proven ability to achieve results.
- town planning advice and support
- development applications, including DAs for complex and challenging projects
- appeals on planning and development decisions.
- research and review of conditions of approval
- expert witness for planning appeals
Selected planning experience
For Sunshine Coast Council
- Head, Statutory and Regional Planning Portfolio
- Chair, Strategy and Planning Committee
- Chair, Recreation and Aquatic Strategy Working Group
- Committee Member, Planning Appeals and Prosecution Review Team
For Noosa Shire Council
- Chair, Environment and Planning Committee
- Chair, Open Space Strategy Working Group
- Member, Development Assessment Review Group
- Member, Noosa Iconic Advisory Panel
Also a member of the South East Queensland Council of Mayors Regional Plan and Growth Management Committee and South East Queensland Council of Mayors Regional Environment and Sustainability Committee.