Who is RG Strategic?
Founded by Russell Green in 2014, RG Strategic is a full-service business strategy consultancy specialising in town planning, liquor licensing, tourism, and events, as well as advocacy and government relations.
Our clients work in a variety of industries, from cafés, bars, and restaurants to retail, accommodation, and office spaces. We look after clients across Australia, with a focus on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Brisbane, and Townsville, as well as select project work for clients in Sydney, New South Wales.
To small and large businesses alike, we offer a complete range of services ensuring all our client’s problems are solved, goals are reached, and their visions successful.
We pride ourselves on an approachable and personable communication style, always checking in with our clients, taking the time to review complex issues and next steps, and fully investing ourselves in each project we take on.
Relationships that deliver outcomes
What sets us apart is our emphasis on relationships. These unique relationships – with our clients, with other consultants we collaborate with, and ultimately with key decision-makers of the region – each allows us to have an open dialogue and always achieve a positive outcome for our clients.
“A strong, innovative thinker Russell Green has demonstrated an insightful depth of knowledge and leadership on strategy and town planning processes for Noosa and the Sunshine Coast. “
Bob Abbot Mayor Noosa 1997 – 2008, Sunshine Coast 2008 – 2012
As a small business owner for the past seven years, and with an additional 16 years experience in high-level town planning and tourism roles for local government, Russell is widely respected by the community and government for his demonstrated leadership and knowledge of town planning, development, hospitality, and tourism industries.
While Russell has lived and worked on the Sunshine Coast all his life, he has also traveled extensively during his roles with government councils. Through these experiences, Russell has gained a wide network of contacts across a range of corporate, government, and community sectors in Australia and overseas.
It is with his ‘local boy’ knowledge and this diverse range of contacts that Russell will lead a carefully curated team for your next project. From his public service experience and a lifetime of living in the region, Russell takes pride in being a vocal and supportive advocate for the local people and businesses.
Widely regarded as a man of integrity, Russell is tenacious, proactive, and results-focused, and he brings these qualities to every project that RG Strategic takes on.
Committees and Memberships
- Associate, Planning Institute of Australia, Queensland
- Member, Queensland Environmental Law Association
- Chairman, Australian Cycling Academy Ltd
- Board Member, Royal Life Saving Society, Queensland
- Life Member, Royal Life Saving Society Queensland
- Life Member, Sunshine Beach SLSC
- Head, Statutory and Regional Town Planning Portfolio, Sunshine Coast Council
- Chair, Strategy and Town Planning Committee, Sunshine Coast Council
- Member, Noosa Iconic Advisory Panel, Sunshine Coast Council
- Committee Member, Town Planning Appeals and Prosecution Review Team, Sunshine Coast Council
- Chair, Environment and Town Planning Committee, Noosa Council
- Member, South East Queensland Council of Mayors Environment and Sustainability Committee
- Member, South East Queensland Council of Mayors Regional Plan and Growth Management Committee
- Committee Member, National Sea Change Task Force
- Member, Intergovernmental Relations Working Group
- Director, Noosa Biosphere Governance Board
- Trustee, Noosa Community Environment Trust
- Chair, Noosa Main Beach Restoration Project
- Chair, Cleaner Production & Sustainability of Operations Working Group, Noosa Council
- Member, Sunshine Coast Council Alternative Waste Treatment Working Group
- Member, Consultative Group Wide Bay Regional Coastal Management Plan
- Member, Major Events Advisory Panel, Sunshine Coast Council
- Company Director, Tourism Noosa Pty Ltd
- Member, Tourism Transition Advisory Board
- Member, Marketing and Events Committee Tourism Noosa
- Chair, Housing Affordability Task Force, Sunshine Coast Council
- Chair, Peregian Beach Village Streetscape Project Working Group
- Chair, Peregian Community Centre Working Group
- Chair, Recreation and Aquatic Strategy Working Group, Sunshine Coast Council
- Chair, Physical Activity Strategy Working Group, Sunshine Coast Council
- Chair, Recreation Plan Working Group, Noosa Council
- Chair, Girraween (Sports Complex) Master Plan Working Group, Noosa Council
Tracey joined RG Strategic in 2016 after graduating with Honours from the University of the Sunshine Coast, where she got her degree in Regional and Urban Planning. Her education and work experience have provided her with an excellent understanding of the operations and responsibilities of various planning agencies across a range of regional and urban systems.
At RG Strategic, Tracey focuses on preparing and managing development applications. As a second-generation Sunshine Coast local, she sincerely values the opportunity to work with clients to create positive outcomes that are reflective of the region. On a deeper level, Tracey’s true passion for planning lies in placemaking and public space design.
In early 2019, Maree joined the RG Strategic team. With her, she brought an extensive knowledge of Local Government Building and Planning and also Private Certification procedures. Through her work experience, Maree has gained an excellent understanding of the operations and responsibilities required for Building and Planning approvals from concept to completion.
With over 20 years of professional experience, Maree assists with all facets of administration – managing and preparing applications to general operations – to ensure all client applications and enquiries are handled smoothly and effectively.
Talk to us today for all your town planning, development, liquor licensing, event, and advocacy needs
Call us today on 07 5474 3873 for a free, no-obligation, discussion of your needs, or send us a message below.
Would Recommend Russell and his Team for any of your Liquor Licensing needs. Use RG Strategic.
Scott & Jenny Davy
Russell and the team at RG Strategic were amazing throughout our whole Development Application with council. To be honest, I don't think we would have even made the move to our new premises with how daunting a Material Change of Use Application is. We are experts in human movement, not this stuff, so we are super grateful these guys made the process seamless and also speedy! Council told us a 3-5 month application process and these guys got it in right on the 3 month mark for us! Thanks for your patience and professionalism guys! We appreciate it more than words can say.
Real Body Movement - Gympie
Would highly recommend RG Strategic for all things "town planning" as their prompt and accurate advice has been invaluable.
Short Term Accommodation
I engaged the services of RG Strategic to help with a unique council development application, Russell and his team came highly recommended. To say that I was impressed with Russell's professionalism, attention to detail and his knowledge of the process is an understatement. At one stage my application was not looking great, this is when Russell really pulled out all stops to ensure that my application got across the line. It was subsequently voted through 6-1 at a council meeting. I would highly recommend Russell, Tracey, Maree and the rest of the team at RG Strategic. Thanks Russell.