Sunshine Coast Tourism and Events Management Consulting
“Russell’s experience and demonstrated knowledge of major events, from inception through to post-event evaluation, is comprehensive and professional.”
Garth Prowd OAM
Tourism and Event Management
Whether you are developing a private tourism project or product, are a member of a regional tourism board looking for perspective, or are curious whether your local government can support your next event, you need to speak with local consultants.
- We know the region
- We have experience working with the community and council
- We understand the strategic value of unique visitor experiences.
As a member of the Sunshine Coast Council’s Tourism Transition Advisory Board (TTAB), our director Russell played a central role in developing and implementing strategic regional documents and structural reform of who, how, when and why tourism is delivered on the Sunshine Coast. So, he gets it.
“IRONMAN and the Noosa Triathlon have worked with Russell Green and RG Strategic for more than 10 years during which Russell has been a strategic advisor on a range of matters relating to our sports events. He not only understands the importance of stakeholder management, local business engagement and council processes, but really ‘gets’ events and how they operate. Russell has been a valuable asset for our business.”
Dave Beeche, Managing Director at IRONMAN Oceania
Local tourism and event expertise and insight
As natives of the Sunshine Coast and Noosa regions, one of our personal and professional priorities is to ensure greater cooperation and collaboration throughout this and other regions, to advance the overall health and vitality of these destinations.
Our team puts the local people, industries, and their economy first.
One of our greatest strengths comes from our experience working with local councils and understanding how to navigate and access government sponsorship, permits, and stakeholders.
We align with businesses and partners to deliver integrated solutions for regional destinations, from planning and brand or product development to marketing and engagement strategies, to securing a domestic and international audience. Let’s build your local tourism offering together.
Community connected tourism and events
With the growing appeal of destination events, many organisations and event management companies are bringing major events, festivals, and competitions to both the beaches, valleys and mountains of Queensland and New South Wales.
While an event concept may be appealing and well-organised, what many events managers often miss is a connection to the local community.
It is locals’ opinions and feedback that determine whether an event can proceed or return in following years. Everyone from the resident living near the finish line, the business owner using the same parking garage, to the Councilors and Mayor who ultimately grant permission for these events; each of these individuals matter and their expectations must be managed to ensure an event’s success and longevity.
To help guide your next major event, RG Strategic has not only the in-depth understanding of and experience liaising with these communities but also established relationships with government stakeholders and local businesses from Townsville to Gympie to Sydney and beyond.
One-stop event management consulting
We are familiar with all aspects of major events, from high-level planning, logistics and branding, to ‘nitty-gritty’ practical infrastructure provisions, financial concerns, and requirements for social impact assessments.
Russell and our team have a clear understanding of event feasibility and alignment with local and regional branding, business plans and adopted strategies. With this beneficial knowledge on your side, your event will better engage the community and rally support, involvement, and excitement.
RG Strategic offers clients:
- operational planning, infrastructure, and budgeting support for major events
- strategic advice to market major events to local consumers, trade, and media
- advice and support to acquire new events, and to secure and grow existing events
- an extensive network of potential event stakeholders or sponsors within local government and businesses
- detailed understanding of event planning from conception to final delivery
- a proven track record of local government support and approval for major events
- strategy, operational planning, and budgeting documents for major events
- growth strategies, securing funding, and brand alignment for major events
- government and business stakeholder management
- community engagement and mediation
- sponsorship negotiation
- pre- and post-event economic impact and social impact assessments
Major Events Portfolio
- Noosa Triathlon Multi-Sports Festival
- Noosa International Food and Wine Festival
- Velothon Sunshine Coast
- Noosa Long Weekend Festival (also known as Noosa alive!)
- Noosa International 7’s Festival
- Noosa Electric Vehicle Expo
- Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain Ironman Series, Sunshine Coast
- Noosa International Festival of Surfing
- Surf Life Saving Australian National Championships, Sunshine Coast
- Chair, Events Advisory Panel, Tourism Noosa
- Member, Major Events Advisory Panel, Sunshine Coast Council
Talk to us today about all your Tourism and Event Management needs
Call us today on 07 5474 3873 for a free, no-obligation, discussion of your event needs or send us a message below.
Russel and the team at RG Strategic have the expertise to assist with all of our Town Planning compliance matters. They are so professional and make everything so easy!
Sunshine Butterflies - Cooroibah
Bare Bones Movement Pilates needed a town planning consultant for our change of use application within Noosa Council zoning and requested a variety of service breakdowns and quotes. RG Strategic provided us with a sense of confidence, an all-inclusive rate, and followed through until our commercial use was granted. The ongoing communication throughout made all the difference to this process as we could focus on our business set-up while council approval was being handled by RG Strategic.
Bare Bones Movement
First time using Russell and his team and they have left a great impression. Extremely fast service and happy to help. Highly recommended!! Thanks, Russell.
On behalf of the Tinbeerwah Hall Cttee I would highly recommend RG Strategic. Russell, Maree and the team are all highly professional and very knowledgeable in dealing with Council town planning processes. They provided a thorough and effective service managing the application for the hall, and I cannot thank them enough for obtaining the appropriate approval/permit from Noosa Council to install toilets etc in our community hall.