Combining two units creates room to move.
Posted October 25, 2022
RG Strategic’s request for a Minor Change to the Decision Notice of units 7 and 8 at 18 Park Road Noosa Heads has been approved.
The owners of the units want to join and update units 7 and 8 in the building. These units were developed in the early 1980s and were due for some TLC.
The application seeks approval for some minor internal and external alterations to the existing units, including:
- Joining units 7 and 8 to form one unit by removing an internal dividing wall;
- Internal renovation of the unit and furnishings;
- Connect the two individual north-facing unit balconies and add a pergola;
- Adding a new pergola over the western-facing balcony;
- Add new waterproofing to all balconies; and
- Replacing windows and doors with new aluminium framed structures.
As this is a Minor Change application, RG Strategic needed to show that the change did not result in a “substantially different” development. We provided comment and evidence on nine separate factors to show the change was not substantially different, including whether the development:
- Involved a new use;
- Resulted in the application applying to a new parcel of land;
- Dramatically changed the built form in terms of scale, bulk, and appearance;
- Changed the ability of the proposal to operate as intended;
- Removed a component that is integral to the operation of the development;
- Significantly impacted on traffic flow and the transport network, such as increasing traffic to the site;
- Introduced new impacts or increases the severity of known impacts;
- Removed an incentive or offset component that would have balanced a negative impact of the development; or
- Impacted on infrastructure provisions
The renovation is primarily internal, and the only external works are pergolas over the existing balconies.
The design replaces existing glazing resulting in an improved external appearance with no amenity impacts on the surrounding units or developments.
The development is minor in nature, is architecturally pleasing and complies with the planning scheme’s relevant Acceptable and Performance outcomes.
Council saw it the same way and approved the change.
RG Strategic is working with the following specialists to deliver this project:
- Architects: Andrew Bock Architecture
Town Planning Expertise
RG Strategic is your town planning expert with decades of on-council and on-the-ground experience. Contact us today for all your town planning needs.
The entire process was made easy and quick with Russell's expertise. Highly recommend.
Goldie and the Green Grocer
Russell from RG Strategic was very knowledgeable and professional when he helped us gain Council approval for our STA. I highly recommend using his service.
The prompt advice and expertise of the RG Strategic team at the town planning stage, has allowed us to push forward with our developments far quicker than we had expected, through a far shorter Council approval process, and this has resulted in significant cost savings. This prompt and valuable advice has extended to the operational works and hydraulics requirements of the development, and we look forward to a long relationship with RG Strategic.
The Junction - Coolum
Russell Green from RG Strategic helped us on our Parkridge Noosa project with council negotiation, town planning and management of neighbourhood stakeholders. I would be happy to recommend Russell Green personally.