Change will see pokies removed from yacht club
Posted September 7, 2022
RG Strategic has received approval for an application for a Minor Change and revision of the Conditions of the prior Decision Notice on behalf of the Noosa Yacht and Rowing Club.
The application sought minor changes to the internal layout, including:
- The use of the small new deck extension for dining;
- Relocating the bar to adjoin the existing kitchen;
- Removing the gaming room (poker machines) and replace it with dining, and
- Enclosing the rear deck and use the area for storage.
The proposal resulted in an increase of 52m² of Use Area (12m² storage + 40m² deck); however, for the purpose of calculating carparking demand, the total increase in Use area is only 40m² as the storage area is excluded from Use Area.
RG Strategic drafted the proposal showing the Minor Change is consistent with the intent of the original approval and the Planning Scheme. The proposal resulted in an improved internal configuration and:
- The selling of food and drink remains an integrated part of the club, supporting the primary use, which is the active outdoor recreation use of sailing and rowing;
- The club is REMOVING ALL GAMING MACHINES from the premises, which results in real benefit to the community;
- Provides essential community infrastructure contributing to the social fabric of Noosa;
- The whole of the lower floor and surrounding open areas are used for the storage of boats, gear, first aid, change rooms and ablutions;
- There will not be any additional noise to that which already exists. The new deck’s location faces the river car parking and Pirate Park, and any noise emanating from the site does not impact any sensitive land uses.
- Carparking on site is sufficient for the intended use.
RG Strategic worked with the following specialists to deliver this project:
- Architects: Hot Concepts
Town Planning Expertise
RG Strategic is your town planning expert with decades of on-council and on-the-ground experience. Contact us today for all your town planning needs.
Another fantastic result working with Russell and the team at RG Strategic. RG's years of experience, professional and personable approach to all Noosa Shire Planning and Development issues have allowed for a very smooth worry-free STA process and successful result for our Noosa house. With our highest recommendation, RG Strategic know their stuff and know how to get the job done within the system which is greatly appreciated.
Russell and the team at RG Strategic went above and beyond to ensure a smooth and efficient application and approval process on our townhouse development in Cooroy. Russell helped solve significant stormwater issues by coordinating meetings and correspondence with the Councils engineering team ultimately leading to operation works approval far quicker than our program allowed for. I highly recommend Russell to anyone seeking planning advice on the Sunshine Coast.
Belvedere on Pearl - Cooroy
Russell and team are committed to achieving results for their clients. Their office is service driven with many years of town planning experience that focuses on strong communication with all stakeholders. We have no hesitation in recommending RG Strategic.
Change to Development Application - Noosaville
Russell and his team assisted our business through council town planning and licensing applications. We were faced with several challenges however RG Strategic overcame these with their knowledge, experience and tenacity. Without RG Strategic we would would be still trying to overcome our challenges years later. I highly recommend Russell and his team for all matters of town planning, consultation, licensing and business strategy support.